After a dry spell, boxing is back this weekend with some compelling match-ups including, of course, Triple G taking on Martin Murray from Monte Carlo. We also have a rematch between Arthur Abraham and Paul Smith, a ShoBox triple-header, and David Price's all-important fourth comeback fight.
Let's do it!
Check out last week's standings—and your remaining doubles and triples—here.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names. So, if you make a mistake and say "A. (1) – 1 – Lartey to win" ... your official pick will be Vasquez. Feel free to leave out the names; the numbers will suffice.
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Sammy Vasquez Jr vs Emmanuel Lartei Lartey (10pm EST Friday, February 20th)
1. Vasquez to win – risk 6 points to win 3. 2. Lartey to win – risk 2 points to win 6.
B. Pick the winner - Arthur Abraham vs Paul Smith (3pm EST Saturday, February 21st)
1. Abraham to win – risk 8 points to win 2. 2. Smith to win – risk 2 points to win 8.
C. Over/Under (10 Rounds) - David Price vs Irineu Beato Costa Jr (3pm EST Saturday, February 21st)
1. Over 4 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 4.5. 2. Under 4 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 3.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Gennady Golovkin vs Martin Murray (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 5:45pm EST Saturday, February 21st)
1. Golovkin to win – risk 14.5 points to win 1.5. 2. Golovkin by decision – risk 2 to win 14. 3. Golovkin by stoppage – risk 12.5 to win 3.5. 4. Murray to win – risk 1.5 points to win 14.5.
E. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Gennady Golovkin vs Martin Murray (5:45pm EST Saturday, February 21st)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5. 2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 2 points to win 8. 3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5 2. Under 10 1/2 – risk 8 points to win 2.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Vasquez to win...
A. (2) – 1
For Selection B, if you want Smith without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of your triples on the under...